Hiking in Slovakia! This country is a must in your wish list!
If you are planning to visit Slovakia, then you can’t miss these places!
Trying to find the best way to explore this amazing country ? The answer is simple – Hiking. Around 40% of this beautiful European country is forested. There are 1,103 hard trails in Slovakia ranging from 0.7 to 144 miles and from 341 to 8,517 feet above sea level. Start checking them out and you’ll be out on the trail in no time!
Slovakia has so much to offer from demanding alpine tour in the smallest European mountains of High Tatras to a simple walk in the beautiful woods.
Check out our list of favorite hiking trails in Slovakia
1. Janosikove Diery
It is located in nature reservation Rozsutce and the valley river is forming numerous waterfalls and rocky formations and this is one of the most beautiful hiking trails.
– Level: Medium
– Length: 5.8 / 3.6 miles
– Elevation gain: 445 m/ 1459 ft.
– Route type: out and back
– Advice: It is better to visit Janosikove diery during the week days.
2. Peak Velky Rozsutec – Mala Fatra Mountains
– Level: Difficult
– Length: 12km/ 7.45 miles
– Elevation gain: 1100m/ 3600 ft.
– Season: all season, even in winter (for hikers with previous experience)
3. Ridge hike in the Low Tatras – Chopok – Dumbier
– Level: Medium
– Length: 17.5km/ 10.8 miles
– Elevation gain: 2024 m/ 6640 ft.
– Season: All season
For all information you need to plan your trip in Slovakia check https://www.tripinslovakia.com/ & https://www.alltrails.com
Also, please support us and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Thank you!