10 Camping facts you didn’t know.. Probably…
1. Over 42 million Americans, 14% of the U.S. population, go camping each year.
2. The 1927 Girl Scouts manual featured the first official recipe for S’mores.
3. The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort in Vancouver Island, Canada, is the most expensive camping spot in the world. A single night costs $3,900.
4. The world’s smallest camper is called a “cramper.” It is pedal powered and has 4 feet of living space.
5. Campers spend an average $128.26 on their first camping trip
6. Traditional Bedouin tents are made out of black goat hair. The Bedouin term for tent is buryuut hajar, which literally means “house of hair”.
7. Before tents were used for recreation, they were a basic survival necessity. The first evidence of tent construction can be traced as far back as 40,000 BC.
8. The most popular camping gear purchase is a flashlight.
9. The U.S. Department of Defense is one of the world’s largest users of tents.
10. Married people are more likely to have sex while camping than at home.